16.10.11

Barely There...

Sorry FABs, I left you hangin' for a few days why I took some time off to dip and dabble in a few social affairs. Hope your weekend was swell, especially because the weather here in Sydney was beautiful. It got me thinking about that 'barely-there-big-brow-look".
During the day it's important not to look so Priscilla Queen of the Desert, it's a tad much and you'll end up drawing the wrong attention. So, this weekend I thought about the essentials for a fresh FAB face and I've come up with five tips & tricks to get you sorted...


Tip 1# Swap your foundation for a sheer tinted moisturiser. Easy enough right? Well, there are a lot of different types of tinted moisturisers out there. Some offer more coverage, while others are simply there for a natural-looking healthy glow (these are the ones I go for!). I am crushing on Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturiser ($30.00).

Tip 2# It ain't a party without a little cheeky action, so go soft with your blush choice. Sweep a soft pink powder blush over your apples, or perhaps your choice is a cream blush, yes? Don't over do it and make sure you're in natural light when applying blush!

Tip 3# Are your brows in check? STOP with the tweezers, STOP with the shaping and STOP with the fixation! Natural brows are in. But, this doesn't mean I'm encouraging you to let your brows run wild, it just means 'keep it simple'. I hardly touch my eyebrows. Just grab and eyebrow brush, spray a little hair spray on it and comb over brows so they'll stay put!

Tip 4# Add a touch of mascara to the top lashes, particularly on the ends so that they flick out. And let the bottom row take a break!


Tip 5# Instead of always rocking the topknot as your go-to bad hair day hairstyle, flip your hair forward, spray over with hairspray and flick it back. Adjust and style to your desired look and voila! I like to grab my short front bits and plait them back to the sides, but work with what suits you.

xS

No comments:

Post a Comment